Phoenix Summer Invitational
Time & Location
About the Event
1. This is an ABC time standard, prelim/final meet. In all prelim/final events, there will be a Consolation and Championship final. The order of the finals heats will be Consolation Final, followed by the Championship Final. Finals will be the top 8 swimmers in 10 & Under, top 16 swimmers in 11-12, 13-14 and 15 & Over.
2. Swimmers may enter no more than 3 individual events per day, including time trials, and no more than 12 events for the meet, excluding time trials. If an entrant has more than 3 events for a day, the highest numbered event will be dropped until the daily entry limits have been met.
3. The meet is limited to 500 athletes. This is an ABC meet.
4. Monday’s events are all timed final events and will be seeded accordingly.
5. There are no relay events in this meet.
6. Time Trials will be offered at the conclusion of the preliminary sessions at the sole discretion of the Meet Referee. Time trials do count towards the daily limit of 3 events per day. Swimmers must be entered in an individual event in the meet in order to be eligible to participate in time trials. The USA Swimming protocol will be used for time trial event order. If time trials are offered, the 400 and 1500 will be offered on Friday. The deadline for time trial entries will be decided by the Meet Referee, announced and posted with the Clerk of Course.
7. Scratch Rules in effect: Finals – any swimmer qualifying for a Consolation or Championship Final who fails to compete (No Show in either the Consolation or Championship race) will be barred from the rest of the session’s events, and disqualified from their next individual event in the competition, whether a timed final or preliminary event. There is no penalty for athletes who do not check in for a pre-seeded timed final event. They will be scratched. Positive Deck Check-in Events: However, failure to compete in a positive check-in event for which the swimmer has checked-in will result in being barred from the next individual event in which the athlete is entered.
8. Distance Events: (All athletes must pre-enter all events).
The 400 IM, 400 Free and 1500 Free are timed final events. They will require positive check-in with the Clerk of course to compete. Deadline for check-in is after the start of the sessions on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Swimmers must provide their own timers and counter personnel for the 800 Free and the 1500 Free on Sunday and for the 400 Free and 1500 Free on Monday.
Events 21 & 22: 13 & Over 400 IM: Entries will be limited to the fastest 32 girls and the fastest 32 boys. They will be swum fastest to slowest, alternating girls and boys, in that order, with the 8 fastest girls and 8 fastest boys swimming their heat in the finals. Check-in by 8:30 a.m. on Friday.
Events 45 & 46: 13 & Over 400 Free: Entries will be limited to the fastest 32 girls and the fastest 32 boys. They will be swim fastest to slowest, alternating heats of girls and boys, in that order, with the 8 fastest girls and 8 fastest boys swimming their heat in the finals. Check-in by 8:30 a.m. on Saturday.
Events 59 & 60: 11-12 400 Free are timed final events on Monday. Entries will be limited to the fastest 24 girls and the fastest 24 boys. They will be swim fastest to slowest, alternating heats of girls and boys, in that order, with
the fastest1 heat of girls and boys following the 50 free and the remaining heats following the 100 back. Check in by 3:30 p.m. on Monday.
Events 65 & 66: 11 & Over 1500 Free - Entries will be limited to the fastest 24 girls and the fastest 24 boys. They will be swum fastest to slowest, alternating girls and boys, in that order. Check-in by 3:30 p.m. on Monday.Sessions: Session I, III, V
Preliminaries: Warm-up 7:00 a.m. (12 & Unders) Meet Start 8:30 a.m.
Warm-up 7:30 a.m. (13 & Overs)Sessions II, IV, VI
Finals: Warm-up 5:00 pm Meet Start 6:00 pmSession VII:
Timed Finals: Warm-up 3:30 pm Meet Start 4:15 pmCoaches Meetings: 8:00 a.m. on Friday, Saturday & Sunday.
Entries: 1. Entry times, which are not achieved in long course meters, shall be noted by SCM or SCY. You can enter with NT. Seeding order will be LCM, SCM and SCY.
2. No converted times may be used.
3. All entries must be submitted via email in Hy-tek format or comparable COMMLINK file.
4. Late entries will be accepted on a lane available basis at the discretion of the Meet Director/Meet Referee
5. Meet entries will be due by Friday, May 29th, 2020.
6. Email entries to email@example.com
Entry Fees: $8.00 LSC surcharge $7.50 per prelim/final event $5.00 per timed final event
$15.00 Time Trials
Entry fees are due by the start of the first session, Friday, June 5th. Make checks payable to Phoenix Swim Club.
Scoring: The top 16 places will be scored, as follows:
20, 17, 16, 15, 14, 13, 12, 11, 9, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
Awards: Individual Events: Ribbons 1st – 8th
Individual High Point will be given for top girl and top boy in each age group. 10 & Under, 11-12, 13-14, 15 & Over
Team Awards: 1st – 3rd
A and B Certificates will be awarded to those athletes receiving a first time Arizona Swimming A or B Time Standard.
Officials: All officials are welcome. Please contact the Meet Referee. Attire is white over navy for timed finals and prelims; white over khaki for finals sessions. Training sessions are available.